In the news this week, we learned that Ronda Rousey is training with The Brian Kendrick to become a wrestler. This brought up the discussion, will she be good for WWE or will her presence hold back other talent in the company? Listen to a short clip of our discussion below:
- This week on the World Wrasslin Podcast:
- We started the show discussing the another problem with Internet Wrestling Community, specifically addressing what to do with Asuka belt in NXT.
- We did run down of Raw including Brock leaving WWE after Summerslam, Jason Jordan on Miz TV, Roman Reigns V Braun Strowman V Samoa Joe, and lastly the horrible Big Cass vs. Big Show match.
- We played WWE Dating Profiles. Spoiler Me and Miz are going on a date.
- We went over the wrestling world’s new and rumors of the week. Including Paige return to WWE, John Cena landing a major movie role sort of, things are looking bad for Enzo in the backroom, Paul Heyman wants Samoa Joe to get the title, The Edge and Christian show that Totally Reeks of Awesomeness cancelled :(, WWE profits not doing well, and Brock only going wrestle at Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.
- We discussed NXT major highlights Aleister Black and Asuka.
- We talked about all the top stories on Smackdown including the Aj Styles Vs. Kevin Owens another title change, Sami Zayn Vs. Aiden English, Fashion Files, our “MATCH OF THE WEEK” Rusev Vs. Chad Gable, and my personal “MATCH OF THE WEEK” Shinsuke Nakamura Vs. John Cena.
This week, we discussed / argued profusely about whether or not Braun is so over today only because he has been for months punishing everyone’s most favorite superstar to hate, Roman Reigns. Cam and Randy say hell no, Braun has tons of charisma and a natural intensity. While Jeremy states that if Big Cass was put in the same spot, he’d also be headlining Summerslam right now. Who do you side with? Listen below to hear the full argument.
Since Game of Thrones is starting up again this week and because we are all huge GoT fans, this week on the podcast, we decided to cast our favorite GoT characters using WWE Superstars. Below are all the characters we chose. Listen to the clip to hear our explanations.
Featured in the clip
- Jon Snow: AJ Styles
- Jamie Lannister: Seth Rollins
- Cersei Lannister: Stephanie McMahon
- Tyrion Lannister: Enzo Amore which makes Cass, Bronn
- Ramsey Bolton: Baron Corbin
- Stannis Baratheon: Roman Reigns
- Littlefinger: The Miz
- The Night’s King / Whitewalkers: Brock Lesnar
Others featured only on the podcast
- Arya Stark: Becky Lynch since both seem like sweet girls but are really bad asses.
- Sansa Stark: Bayley since both are innocent and stuck in horrible relationships/fueds.
- Daenerys Targaryen: Charlotte or Alexa. This one was hotly contested and still no clear winner. Charlotte is from a noble family and has made it to the top on her own. Alexa started from a sweet innocent girl and is now a bad ass and top woman in WWE just as Daenerys rose to the top… although Alexa didn’t have dragons to help her.
- Aerys Targaryen AKA “The Mad King”: Another “king” who is also drunk with power, Vince McMahon. Aerys burned his citizens, Vince continuously pushes guys who wrestling fans hate. Basically the same person. Also he just cancelled Talking Smack, nuff said.
- Jaqen H’ghar: Tyler Breeze since he is also a master of disguise
- The Mountain: It’s a no brainer that this is Braun, plus they are friends in real life so that’s nice.
- Samwell Tarly: Sami Zayn as they are both underdogs and never stop talking. Also both named Sam. It writes itself.
WWP runs through a bracket of the top 8 worst finishers in WWE as voted on by the hosts. There was tough competition with the likes of the Apollo Crews’ standing moonsault, the World’s Strongest Slam, Styles Clash and the Ruff Ryder. After finally narrowing it down to Dolph’s lame ass Zig Zag and Roman’s cartoonish looking Superman punch, we pick the worst finisher in the WWE. Will it be a move that let’s us know what Roman looks like when he jerks off or will it be a slightly inconvenient neck breaker. Find out by listening below to the clip of the Finals of the Worst Finisher in WWE.
This week on the World Wrasslin Podcast, we recap the entire Wrestlemania card and review how our predictions from last week. Cam starts the show explaining his opinion on the Undertaker fans who cry over him leaving. We play a new game called the Old Gimmick Match Game where Cam/Randy are given a set of 3 old gimmicks / ring names and have to match them up to 3 current ring names in 30 secs. We also talk about the idiotic crap Vince Russo said on his latest podcast and discuss other news and rumors.
On our ‘Best of’ for the week, you will hear clips from these discussions:
- Cam explains why Undertaker fans are cry-babies
- The lengthy Hall of Fame show is reviewed. God it was so long.
- Cena’s proposal reactions
- Jeremy is over Bray Wyatt and his magical powers to convince the guy backstage to show maggots in the ring.
- Vince Russo thinks he can “beat up” Finn Balor and that woman aren’t meant to be leaders
- Simon Gotch was released for allegedly being an egotistical asshole
To listen to the full podcast, click the podcast link on the right of the page.
We drafted what we feel is only deserving wrestlers since it seems WWE doesn’t always pick the people that belong in a real HOF. We used a format where we picked only 1 man, 1 woman, 1 tag team and 1 builder. So here are our picks:
Before we start I want everyone to know I am not happy Finn or any wrestler got injured ever!!!
I am just trying find the bright side!!
When Finn Balor finally appeared on Raw for many it was an amazing moment. Fans have been waiting for long time to see how Finn would do on the main roster. Next, we all thought that Vince will fuck this up for us, but Vince surprised us all and did the right thing. Finn beat Roman on Raw to become number one contender for the Universal title. Then out some amazing dream, Finn Balor became first Universal champion beating Seth Rollins. However, even the Demon King couldn’t escape the injurer Seth Rollins. So Finn relquinished the title and stepped aside.
This is where greatness was born. Kevin Owens went on to become the second Universal champion. That alone was amazing, but what came next would transcend the year. That was Jeri-KO, they became the face of Raw. No matter how much Vince attempted to make it Roman Reigns, Jeri-KO were and are Raw. Through their friendship we found the comedy and captivating promos we have been missing for years, dare I say since Rock and Austin. Their friendship also created the greatest WWE superstar of the year the LIST. Oo, the list such a simple idea that became the backbone of the flagship show. I will remember 2016 because of the list and of course AJ Styles.
So maybe Finn Balor would have been amazing and defined 2016, but all I know is if he never went down the list may have never been created and that’s not a wrestling world I want live in.
P.S. I guess we owe Seth Rollins a thanks because without his never ending injury train, we never would have saw a rebirth of Chris Jericho.
Women’s Revolution my butt, why aren’t we seeing a Women’s Rumble this year? Not enough numbers you say? Then do a 20-women rumble. You have about 6-7 women on each show, add in some women from NXT and some legends as they do with the main rumble and you have enough to do a 20 women royal rumble. It seems like all year, they were trying to “make history” with woman matches and then they drop the ball at the second biggest PPV of the year. Come on, you know Victoria and Ivory have nothing better to do this time of year.